7GA - Baby chicks fs. Hatch 1 & 2 sold taking orders for Feb 17 hatch

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Update - Hatch one and two were sold.....And here comes the valentines hatch (actually they should begin hatch out Feb 14. - I said should because my last chicks were four and five days old and born groundhogs day.) I have the barred rocks sold but will have some white leghorns and a few really nice surprises!!!!. Then I have another huge hatch the day behind that.....I say huge hatch - only about 60. Now, very soon, I have to start saving some of these for the farm!!!! I'll keep you all posted.

I'm so excited. My DH got me an early Christmas gift of a recycled older wooden cabinet incubator (it has the rockers and fan but is very primitive but it is working great! Hardest is getting the humidity right as it's a wooden one! It has the feeder but in those last 3 days, I'm relying on the drip pan. But from a group of 70 eggs, we have already pulled 48 into the brooder (away from the incubator), there are 5 more hatched and 5 pipped and working. I had to open 4 times during hatching. The babies were jumping out of the brooder tray at the bottom of the incubator, getting wet in the cooky sheet I put for more humidity. So I rescued the wet chicks, threw the pan on the kitchen floor. Number 2-4 were to move the chickens out into their larger brooder so they could walk and not be full time hunchbacks....They like to walk under the brooder tray....I really gotta find a way to modify that tray. I now think I need to modify my name to "mother hen".

After prayer, we've decided to sell the baby chickens and have posted the ad below.

Please forward to others who may be interested and please please come buy my chicks. I just cannot keep them all. I need to help buy food for the grown hens and roosters

I'll post a pic of the incubator and babies this evening.

Here's the pic:
    [​IMG] They were waiting at the door to come out!!! How cute!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/grd/1008369051.html

Here are my prices:
    Speckled Sussex - $3.00 each,

Rhode Island Reds - $2.50 each,

White Leghorns - $2.50 each,

Buff Orpington - $3.00 each,

Easter Eggers (blue/green eggs and more colors) $3.00 each, and

Barred Rocks - $2.50 each

Call or pm ME please if you want some. (Phone is 404 409-2352Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Will you ship?

3. cristy17

cristy17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes where are you?

4. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm in GA - Georgia....I haven't thought about shipping. Let me check on prices for shipping baby chicks and get back with you all regarding that. Thanks.

5. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    These eggs are still hatching .....Out of those we put in after final hatching only 6 didn't hatch. We have a hatch of over 60 and counting.

How blessed we are! Pics are coming!

6. Hen House 60

Hen House 60 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Please send post pics soon.
    Have you checked on the shipping information?

7. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm behind on posting photos. As we speak over 30 of the chickens have been sold and picked up by 2 BYC'ers. THanks Pumpkinpup and my other BYC friend who wanted to remain anonymous.

I do have Buff Orpington chicks remaining. All others are claimed for round 1 of the hatch.

I also just put a new of 84 in the incubator Tuesday evening

and 84 more have gone to the 3 day hatchery. It's just so much fun.

Don't worry James A I have your promised Speckled Sussex Eggs in the incubator in the 3rd round.

If you need BO chicks, please please contact me via pm or call 404 4092352. Thanks.
    Blessings on each of you.

It's back to the outdoors....Wish we were all as toasty warm as those baby chickens and their heat lamps in their sweet brooder.

8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] And blessing upon you as well, Nancy.

9. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Can not wait on the speckled sussex!!!!!!! Thanks so much.I want to let everyone know how nice Nancy has been.I lost a bunch of chickens when our area had flash floods last month and Nancy is hatching me some speckled sussex chicks.This is a great gesture.There is another BYCer that has also help me.Ok I will have to call out Pumpkinpup to as she has been so much help.You are all great people!!!!

10. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Where are you located in Georgia?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by