8-10 Olive Egger Eggs that make sex linked blue and black chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cottagegarden, Nov 21, 2010.

1. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Just picked these up so wanted to see if anyone wanted to have some fun and have Olive Eggers laying in the spring!

Olive Eggers are sex-linked and will be blue or black, males will have some barring females are solid. Birds will have beards and muffs. They are out of Cuckoo Marans hens, so pullets will lay the green in picture, but your sent eggs will be brown. Grown out offspring from this cross has produced all peacombed olive laying Olive Eggers but one thus far, of course, there is always a chance you will get a straight comb and therefore brown eggs.
    You will probably get speckles on Olive Eggs, as well, some days they are solid, some speckled.
    Pls pay by 4pm Monday to get eggs in the mail. Or by Tues am if you live close---then I can check for more eggs!
    $25 paypal to [email protected]

Storage, fertility, hatching is good, shipping careful...individual results may vary for you.
    paypal accepted
    A pretty basket is why we got chickens, the kids love to see what is there day to day. Happy Spring BYC friends!!
    Pls pm email at close of auction.

[​IMG] doz Olive Egger Eggs

[​IMG] colorful egg basket top Olive Egger, Olive Egger, straight combed olive egger, 2 Cuckoo Marans, EE, and range of Amer blue eggs

chicks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    What neat colored chicks!

3. Dray67

Dray67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    did these sell yet?

4. cottagegarden

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    a little over 3 hours left-Dray67 you look like you are on your way to a great colored egg basket!!

5. dianneS

dianneS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    South Central PA
    Did you only have the one dozen? Will you have more in the future?

6. cottagegarden

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Actually there are 8 and I havent checked what has been laid today, was figuring on a few more.
    These cuckoos are really great layers, and there are almost always eggs everday, I dont know how much to
    anticipate as soon as the temps drop, though. We will always have the breeds

7. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Oh my gosh, I want them so bad, but I have to wait until January. [​IMG]

8. dianneS

dianneS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    South Central PA
    Let me know when you have some more! I'd be interested!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by