8-12 Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs, TN, NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wegotchickens, May 2, 2011.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Fertility at home has been 100%.
    Hatch rate at home has been around 90-95%. I'm not sure if this is because I am constantly doing staggered hatches or because some of the hens are a little older. Please keep this in mind if you bid.

Also, please be aware that d'Uccle eggs are fragile and can be tricky to hatch, especially after shipping. I will pack well but cannot guarantee hatchability due to the Post office. They will be shipped Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

The eggs will all be no older than 3 days at the time of shipping and from 2 different pens. The parents are all showbirds or retired showbirds that have always won or placed well at shows. I have several hens that have gotten Best or Reserve of Breed and the same is true of my main rooster. The younger roo has won in his category at 2 shows, but not gotten a Breed award (yet).

Roosters:
    [​IMG]

One of this year's chicks. Nice toe feathers on the way!
    [​IMG]

Some of the hens (ignore the rooster; he has a new home):
    [​IMG]

Pic from fall 2010 of a 2010 hatchling:
    [​IMG]

** Can deliver at the Cocke County poultry show!**
    Will waive shipping fee if you pay by PayPal Friday afternoon for p/u at the show.

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Hi Lori! Gorgeous birds, as always! [​IMG]

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    I think I just lost my mind.

Matt

4. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Wait until you meet some of them [​IMG]

Thanks ac! Wish you could come to the show Saturday!

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  5. TNBarnQueen

TNBarnQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    East Tennessee
    Oh my how beautiful......keep telling myself..."can't add another breed...and repeat." Sure wish I had room to add this breed...absolutely beautiful. At least if I ever decide to I know just where to get them!

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I am in love with d'Uccles!

It was really hard deciding who I'd sell at the show tomorrow, but I have way too many birds at the moment and had to try and be ruthless. I think I did okay....

If the winner needs me to ship the eggs, then I'll ship them on Tuesday morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by