1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

8 1yr old hens in east TN need a good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sgt Maj, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Sgt Maj

Sgt Maj New Egg

Apr 9, 2007
    I may be taking a position in another state and will need to sell my house and move into an apartment while finding another house there. I have 8 1yr old laying hens (most are wyanndottes of various colors, and one buff orpington) that I will need to get rid of in order to get the house ready to sell. So if anyone wants them, they are yours free if you can pick them up, or just pay shipping. The only thing I ask is that you don't eat the orpington, as she's more of a pet than livestock. Please send me an email if you are interrested.

2. Loveshisbirds

Loveshisbirds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    I want them i will gladly pay for shipping! please let me know the cost and are they laying?

3. lively Bee's

lively Bee's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    I could take them off your hands we live in Harriman Tn. We would add them in with our other 57 birds

4. Gabby-Pita

Gabby-Pita Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    Mississippi
    I would love to give the Orpington a permanent home and guarantee she will be very spoiled. I have 2 buff orp hens - Gabby and Pita. 2 seven-week old buff pullets - Buffy and Piper. And, I just bought 2 more buff babies which I named Matilda and Mirenda.

I live in Batesville, Ms. Would it be too hard to ship her - if you decide to let me have her?

Dee

5. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    How far are you from the Tri-Cities area?
    Stephanie

6. Gabby-Pita

Gabby-Pita Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    Mississippi
    Not sure about Tri-Cities area. I am 45 minutes south of Memphis, TN on I-55.

Dee

7. Sgt Maj

Sgt Maj New Egg

Apr 9, 2007
    I live in the Knoxville area... yes they are definately laying eggs... usually I get between 4-6 per day... but some days I've gotten as many as 12 (which is odd, because it has always been my understanding that hens can't lay more than 2 eggs every 3 days). It's not a for sure thing that we'll be moving yet, so give me a couple of weeks to find out... I posted this early because I thought it would take a lot longer to find a good home for them. [​IMG]

8. lively Bee's

lively Bee's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Just let us know we would love to add your birds to your flock. Were just down the interstate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by