8+ bantam Citron Hamburg hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birds4me, Apr 28, 2011.

1. birds4me

birds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    Up for your consideration are 8 (+ any extras that my girls bless us with) Citron Hamburg hatching eggs. My breeding pairs came from Greenfire Farm. I have hatched out 12 of their eggs so far and have 10 more in my incubator now. I have candled the 10 and they all took and are due to hatch 4/20. These are BEAUTIFUL little birds.

These eggs will ship out Monday, May 9, 2011. I prefer to only ship eggs Monday-Wednesday to ensure that they do not spend the weekend at the post office! Please pay via paypal ([email protected]) at the end of auction to ensure Monday shipment.

Now for the not so fun stuff! Although I have been having WONDERFUL results at home, I cannot guarantee that you will have the same results. Eggs are stored at 55 degrees and turned daily. They will be packaged VERY well, but I have no control of how they are handled once they are taken to the post office.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG]
    I normally don't do bantams but boy am I fighting myself with these very nice Citron Hamburg !!! [​IMG]
    Are they cold hardy and could you give me a little info. on them?
    Thanks!

3. birds4me

birds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    They are cold harty!!! Usually they are very good layers for me, giving me about 1 egg each every day. We have had CRAZY weather here in MN ~ snow 1 day, 65 degrees the next. Today is May 1st and we have had snow fluries, high winds and it was still 32 degrees at 10am! With all this extreme weather, even though all my birds are still barn bound in their heated barn, their laying has been a bit "off". They are still laying, but their schedule has been unpredictible.

This is a VERY busy breed!!! They are always doing something, always digging and looking for something to eat. Mine have feed 24/7 but they are still always digging. They are great free range. This breed does "fly" compaired to other breeds. They like to roost HIGH. If you are looking to contain them you must have a roof on their area or they will be out.

They are a fun and comical breed ~ not overly friendly, but very fun to watch!!!

Hope this helps!

4. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Hello,
    Yes and no on the did it help my out! [​IMG]
    Yes as far as the info. I wanted. No on the how the heck would I explain something that small?
    I am still on the fence about getting into bantams.
    Hopefully I'll make my mind up before the sale ends. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by