8+ BBS Bearded Silkie Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    The girls can't seem to make up their minds whether they are going to lay eggs or be broody. Not much for 7-10 days and now 4-5 eggs a day [​IMG]

In the BBS pen are 11 girls...black and splash...and we rotate 4 boys in with them. One is a nice blue cock (he just graduated after his birthday this month [​IMG] ), a black cock, a splash cock and a gorgeous splash/lav split cockerel that we got from Shagbark silkies a few months ago as a young bird. Don't know for sure if he is completing the deed, but he is giving it his all!! Update: I received an email from someone who just hatched some eggs from this pen and she believes she hatched one or two lavender. Two of the black girls are also split lavenders, but I don't want to make any promises on what you will hatch. Just passing on the information... [​IMG] Looks like the splash boy is getting the job done!!

I will say that this year has been HELL on shipping. You should definitely not get any cracked eggs but it seems that the ones I've received have had a lot of aircell damage. However, we have hatched quite a few from those eggs with loose aircells, so don't give up hope on them! I even hatched a lavender chick from an egg that I received cracked and then patched with wax! I have been using the styrofoam shippers but I'm going to use USPS priority boxes for a while and see if that makes any difference. There was some concerned mentioned that the shippers are so airtight that it might not be good for the eggs. They will be packed the same...just a different box. Pick ups are welcome!

PayPal to [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wow! Your Black Silkies are just breath taking! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I've Never silkies so black and just ... amazing! Wish I could get them! [​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Thanks so much. We breed for great color and are very selective with the ones that we keep in our breeding pen. I want all our breeder and show birds to have a lovely beetle green sheen on those black feathers....even the soft feathers.

Some people say that I'm overly critical of my own birds and are too strict with my selection, but I would want that if I were a buyer!! [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Where did you get your stock from? Or did you just start breeding them and work up to these beautiful birds?

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Various breeders...but the dark black is from Glen See's birds. Also, the blacks and black split lavs that I have gotten from Linda at Shagbark Silkies are also very typey and dark, dark black.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by