8+ Bearded B/B/S Silkie eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for your consideration are 8+ eggs for our blue/black/splash pen.

In the BBS pen are 11 girls...black and splash...and we rotate 4 boys in with them. One is a nice blue cock (he just graduated after his birthday this month [​IMG] ), a black cock, a splash cock and a gorgeous splash/lav split cockerel that we got from Shagbark silkies a few months ago as a young bird. Don't know for sure if he is completing the deed, but he is giving it his all!! Update: I received an email from someone who just hatched some eggs from this pen and she believes she hatched one or two lavender. Two of the black girls are also split lavenders, but I don't want to make any promises on what you will hatch. Just passing on the information... [​IMG] Looks like the splash boy is getting the job done!!

I will say that this year has been HELL on shipping. You should definitely not get any cracked eggs but it seems that the ones I've received have had a lot of aircell damage. However, we have hatched quite a few from those eggs with loose aircells, so don't give up hope on them! I even hatched a lavender chick from an egg that I received cracked and then patched with wax! I have been using the styrofoam shippers but I'm going to use USPS priority boxes for a while and see if that makes any difference. There was some concerned mentioned that the shippers are so airtight that it might not be good for the eggs. They will be packed the same...just a different box. Pick ups are welcome!

PayPal to [email protected]

***Edited to clarify negative feedback left by aduplantis. Buyer purchased eggs and did not respond to PM's or emails for 48 hours after sale ended. Eggs were sold to underbidder. Two days later, buyer sent payment for eggs which was promptly refunded and explanation was given. Newbie or not...when you make a purchase of EGGS, for goodness sakes...make a prompt payment. Eggs are perishable!!***

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
  2. trisha19

trisha19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    When will these be shipped?

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    They will go out Tuesday I guess with the holiday being taken on Monday. I will take them to the PO first thing on Tuesday morning. I can take them tomorrow, but don't think they would make it anywhere in one day.

Egg collection for these began yesterday. We turn twice a day and keep them in a cooler at about 65 degrees during collection.

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Hi, are you NPIP? Have the birds been tested? I would need papers with the eggs. [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yes. We are NPIP test and I can provide our paperwork.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by