8+ Black Quechua Olmec hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by MA Mama, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MA Mama

MA Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    Edited for 2016: Some of the info in the thread below is no longer valid. For instance, I won't have any blue eggs this year. The eggs are cream and tan and light brown.

8+ Black Quechua Olmec eggs, FREE 2-day shipping. Please PM me for arrangements. (No blue eggs this year.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Where in Alaska are you located?

What color are their eggs?

And, how well do they lay?

VERY pretty pictures!

3. MA Mama

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    They have differing colored eggs... Some are cream and some are blue. I'll send both. They lay pretty well. In past years they have been more seasonal layers but for some reason this winter they have been laying really well. They aren't hatchery layers, though, so I wouldn't consider them for production at all. I am not actually in Alaska... Sorry! I just like the thought of being from Alaska. :)

4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Oh bother! I was thinking I could pick up eggs and not have them scrambled by the mail! darn.

5. MA Mama

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    If it's any consolation, I always get rave reviews about my packing... Double boxed, individually protected like... well, eggs! People always report good hatching rates on my eggs. In all the years I've only had one bad experience with the PO... The very last batch I ordered (for myself) got scrambled so badly egg yolk was everywhere in the box. The insurance claim worked, though.

6. EggheadWI

EggheadWI Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2014
    Southeastern WI
    Please tell me you meant $30....

1 person likes this.
  7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Can we see pictures of the eggs?

Also... is the price really $300 for 8+ eggs?

8. MA Mama

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    Yes, it's $300. I have sold many batches at that price and actually some for even more! They are exceptionally rare, and even rarer still because they are a BQO flock that is mycoplasma free. And, I have a LOT of investment in them. I know the price seems crazy, but for people that know the bird, they are happy to have found a source, and I have even sold second batches to people who were happy with the first. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27142961847...&ghostText=&_sacat=0&_nkw=271429618477&_rdc=1

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  9. MA Mama

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    [​IMG]

10. EggheadWI

EggheadWI Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2014
    Southeastern WI
    Are you shipping from MA?

Thread Status: