1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

8 Buff Orps, and Love, I think

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cadie, May 2, 2009.

1. Cadie

Cadie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    KY
    I am brand new to chickens, and have been watching this site for a while. So, my Dad and I started my coop this past week, and today I went up to Mojo Chick'n's farm and got 8 buff orpingtons. They are SOOO cute! Pictures could never do justice... I love them, each and every one. I'm looking forward to watching them grow and develope.

2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC from California!!! [​IMG]

You came to the right place to get info on chickens. Please post some pictures of your new babies!

Cindy

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Welcome from western KY, Cadie! [​IMG]

4. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Welcome! [​IMG]

I'm new to chickens too...and have a Buff Orpington and a Barred Rock...and my BO is soooo sweet, she literally melts into your hand when you hold it out and she'll lay down in it and then kick her feet backwards so she's totally resting in your hand....sooo cool...

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Only 8? You need more! [​IMG]

6. Cadie

Cadie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    KY
    Hello, all! Thank you for replying. Yes, only 8, but I'm hoping my chickens will raise some of their own. [​IMG] I am hoping to get my brother, the computer wiz, to post some pics before too long. I have some "oddballs" I hope to show off. [​IMG] Until then,

Cadie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by