8 days later my hen returned

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ltlbg731, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ltlbg731

ltlbg731 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2013
    Last Friday(8 days ago) we came home to one of our hens in the backyard badly injured and another chicken missing. Sadly that night our injured chicken passed and the other chicken was no were to be found. We looked numerous times in the neighborhood over the week with no signs of her. Suddenly today she appeared out of nowhere in the backyard when my boys where our there playing. They have no idea where she came from they say she fell out of the sky. We were so excited. I couldn't believe that after 8 days she came back. My question is do I need to keel her desperate from my other hen or do I need to do anything at all but give her food and water and live her. Please help.

2. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    If you have a place for her you could keep her separated, if not its up to you. She is likely had a rough week.

3. ltlbg731

ltlbg731 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2013
    I don't really have anywhere to keep her separate tonight. Will she and my other hen be OK tonight together? I don't know where she has been or what she has gotten into over the week. She looks perfectly fine she just seemed a little hungry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by