8 days left

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tgblldog70, Feb 7, 2012.

1. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well the wife and I have candled the eggs twice so far and all looks ok but we are both getting worried, This is our first hatch and we dont really know what to do ,we both have read tons of info on the net along with this board. the humidity in the room with the bator is 45% will that affect the eggs????? we have the Brinsea mini adavanced incubator, the water is full and the temp is set. How do we know if these eggs will hatch???

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, if you've candled, and everything looks good, then try not to worry. Remember day 18 is lockdown, and you've got to raise up that humidity then, and stop turning. And keep that incubator closed so you don't lose your higher humidity. I'll bet everything will be just fine.

Sharon

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think the best hatches I've had have been when I've been too busy to worry. The less you monkey with the incubator, the better the hatch! I

4. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    I have found the less I mess with them... they better my hatches. :) Good luck with your first hatch!!!

5. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ok the RH in the bator is 65-70% is this ok and if not what do I do to fix this or is it to late????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by