1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

8 eggs left. Day 21 was the 13th.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HenPenny, Apr 14, 2011.

1. HenPenny

HenPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Everybody else is hatch out. 15 sucessful hatches. Now I have 8 eggs left. No signs of pipping. What to do? How long do you give them till it's over?

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

About 3 days after the time most of them hatched.

3. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Candle them to see whats going on and if there's any doubt then give them longer to hatch [​IMG]

4. chickflick247

chickflick247 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Wilton, CA
    Do you leave the hatched chicks in the bator while waiting or take them out? what should the temps be at hatching?

Quote:

5. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    I dont worry about assisting in lockdown and if the other eggs have not externally pipped then you're not going to do any harm. If your chicks are dried out and active then I'd remove them. Temp 37.5 for forced air and 65-75% for lockdown humidity [​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

You can leave them in there for up to 3 days after the first hatches. If you have no more pips you can get them out an mist the eggs to bring the humidity back up.

The temp should be the same as the rest of the incubation 99.5 or (101 still air)

7. jennifersmith326

jennifersmith326 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    Quote:99.5 F

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by