8 hens with gentle giant roo - pickup only SC. FREE TO GOOD HOME

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Godiva

Godiva Songster

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    We are moving out of state and I can't take all the chickens with me. Would love to find a good home for our birds. They don't need fancy quarters but they do need good care and a secure home [​IMG] I am guessing the ages as best as I remember ... they are not young but still lay just fine. THe two cochin ladies don't lay as well as the others... but that is normal.

The roo is Bojangles (BO for short) and he is a large fowl cochin, blue barred. He is a sweet heart and is an excellent roo - keeps a sharp eye out for hawks etc and makes sure his ladies all get plenty of treats. He has never shown any aggression and I have a 4 yr old and 7 yr old that hang out with them a lot of the time. He is about 2 yrs old. Then I have a welsummer hen, Ruby, 2 yrs old, with nice dark eggs... as the season goes on they get a bit lighter. 2 Rhode Island Red hens - about 18 months old who lay really well. 3 buff orpingtons who lay pretty well - one, Queenie is 3yrs old but has given us some great chicks and I think she still has a good few in her. The others are 2 yrs old. And then two barred cochin hens who are very sweet. This flock has been together for ages and there are no issues with health that I know of ... Bo does need his spurs trimmed and we can do this for you or you could do it yourself... whatever suits you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by