1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

8 "hens"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fluffychicken7, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Fluffychicken7

Fluffychicken7 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    At a petstore in Chatsworth I bought 8 "hens". 2 of them ended up being roosters. There's a 90% guarantee for hens and clearly it's more like 75%. I bought 2 "hens" from the same place a year ago and 1 ended up being a rooster, too. Now I just have 6 hens and 2 roosters. I did not want roosters and we need to give them away. They are both sweet, loving, and will eat out of your hand. I want to find a small farm in need of a rooster, but I haven't found any yet. If anybody knows or any farm or anyone who would like 1 or 2 roosters, who already have enough hens for either or both roosters please tell me! One is a Silver-laced Polish chicken and the other is a White Crested Blue Bantam Polish chicken. They are both around two and a half months old. They are practicing crowing and aren't very good at it. They are fighting a little bit, so I need to move them pretty soon!
    -Isabelle

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is that in TN. too bad, nice chicks ! if the store guarantee them 90 dont they have to honor it?

3. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Greetings from Texas! You must post about your roosters on the Tennessee thread in the "Where Are You? Where Am I?" forum. Good luck in finding a new home for them.

4. Fluffychicken7

Fluffychicken7 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    in los angeles. idk, i wish!

5. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    [​IMG] Hope you find a good home for your boys soon!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

7. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hey there!!!! were all so happy you have come to join us on BYC!!! youll love it!!!![​IMG]

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] go to "where am I, where are you" in the social forum, to locate and post on your state thread. Maybe somewhere near you would love your boys, they sound really pretty.

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the "buy,sell,trade forum" there is even a section for ' free animals needing homes', you may even be able to trade your buys for pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by