8+ Hink JC Line PURE Lavender (Self Blue) Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lavenderorpgirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    You are bidding on 8+ eggs from our PURE (NOT split) Lavender Orpingtons - directly from the Hink JC 6th Generation Lavender Orpington Project. This is a 48 hour auction & will ship out to winner on Monday morning via priority mail. (scroll to end of auction for payment details)

They are free ranging chickens and sleep in their coops each night. These are big, sweet, beautiful birds. They free range their area of the property together and are not mixed in with our other birds. They are SUPER fun and SUPER friendly and love to interact with people and they like to be carried around (not kidding, see photo). Photos have NOT been altered. Excellent color, single comb, clean slate legs (NO yellow legs), beautiful rich light tan eggs (will post a photo of the eggs tomorrow) and this generation no longer carries mottled gene.

They are cold hardy, have beautiful body contour with eye pleasing color all with incredibly gentle personality. While we have not shown these birds yet (We plan to this spring) we believe the quality of these birds will do well in the show ring. They lay consistently throughout the winter. Hens are good moms and do NOT have a tendency to go broody.

We saw the lavender orps online, researched extremely carefully and sought out the developer of these birds - Hink JC was the first to develop the USA Lavender Orpington Project - I called and spoke with Jody at length about the breed, her work over the years to perfect the breed for color, body, personality etc and found her to be wonderfully knowledgeable, kind and patient! Hence, I am now a Lavender Orpington Addict! LOL! They are a great addition to any farm!

We lovingly care for these birds, feed them an organic (NOT certified) diet, we have not lost any to injury or illness and they have 100% proven fertility in our incubators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far 100% fertility, and producing nice, healthy birds. We will safely package the eggs to get them to you quickly and safely*. We will add extra eggs to each order to try to get you a 100% hatch rate. Eggs are collected and turned morning, noon and evening (eggs should be turned an odd number each day so there is no chance of eggs laying on the same side).

Please send payment to [email protected] with your mailing address (sometimes it doesn't come through on paypal) and a number if you would like to be called when the package gets to your local post office.

*As with all shipped eggs we cannot be responsible for them once they leave our hands. Each egg is wrapped carefully in bubble wrap with easy to remove tape and shipped in foam cartons. We mark the boxes very well to indicate that they are live eggs. So far ALL of our shipments have arrived to the buyer intact with good air cells!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Eggs out of 6th generation Hinks. I can't believe no one has jumped on this. Its as close as you can come without buying them direct

3. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    OK, I talked myself into it [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Quote:LOL!!

The folks at Hink Mountain Poultry are fabulous!! And these birds are super duper sweet and we are planning on showing them in the spring!!!!!

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wow, I can't believe how far they have come. Beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by