8+ Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs, TN, NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wegotchickens, May 2, 2011.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Fertility at home has been 100%.
    Hatch rate at home has been around 90-95%. I'm not sure if this is because I am constantly doing staggered hatches or because some of the hens are a little older. Please keep this in mind if you bid.

Also, please be aware that d'Uccle eggs are fragile and can be tricky to hatch, especially after shipping. I will pack well but cannot guarantee hatchability due to the Post office. They will be shipped Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

The eggs will all be no older than 3 days at the time of shipping and from 2 different pens. The parents are all showbirds or retired showbirds that have always won or placed well at shows. I have several hens that have gotten Best or Reserve of Breed and the same is true of my main rooster. The younger roo has won in his category at 2 shows, but not gotten a Breed award (yet).

Younger roo:
    [​IMG]

A variety of this year's chicks (don't have one of just the millies. Will remedy that this afternoon)
    [​IMG]

One of this year's chicks. Nice toe feathers on the way!
    [​IMG]

Some of the hens (ignore the rooster; he has a new home):
    [​IMG]

Pic from fall 2010 of a 2010 hatchling:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by