8 mo Paint Silkie Roo (paint pullet available also) NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Elite Silkies, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Jake is a nice boy. Has nice foot feathering. He does have one extra toe. Will get pics of his feet this weekend. I will not be able to ship until I receive my boxes. It will be approximately 2 weeks before I receive them. I am NPIP certified, should be receiving my paperwork this week. I will attach the form to the bottom of the box. He will ship on a Tuesday by Express Mail. I will include fruit and feed for his trip.

Insurance can be added but the PO will not reimburse if the box is not damaged during shipping. Shipping live birds is very stressful and is a risk. Please take that into consideration before bidding. Please check Export Regulations for your state before bidding: http://www.bah.state.mn.us/animals/poultry/exports.html If your state requires more than an NPIP Certification, I can not ship.

No shipping to VA, Hawaii or Ohio. I will call Ohio and verify shipping regulations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I can pair this guy with a pullet. She only has one small black feather in her crest. She is approximately 3.5 to 4 months old. She has excellent toe spacing and foot feathering. She should have a nice crest. She needs to tighten her wings up, but is has been hot. They are extremely shredded. Paints do not have the best type yet, but she is a pretty decent pullet carrying the paint gene.

I will add her for $50 and any additional shipping cost. It will probably take two boxes, Jake is a good sized boy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Just an update on the pullet after inspecting her again. She has 3 "tiny" black feathers. One in her crest, one on her neck and one on her body. These are tiny!

4. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I have called the state of Ohio and they require a health certificate and NPIP forms. So, I will not be able to ship to this state or any other state requiring a health certificate because none of my vets will do a health check on a chicken. We only have two vets, but neither one does the testing.

I do have a vet in the neighboring state, but he is expensive. It cost me $254 to walk through his front door with an McCaw.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  5. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    edited

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I wish I had some extra cash! Id love that pullet!

7. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:She's not too bad to be a paint pullet. Type wise anyway. She doesn't have much for color, but I'm thinking she might add some nice qualities to the offspring. If she doesn't sell, I think I'll just have to see what she is capable of producing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by