8+ month old BO Rooster for Free

Half Moon Ranch

Songster
7 Years
Feb 17, 2014
My Wife and I got into chickens early in the year and it was a labor of love from the building of the coop and run, to the brooding of the chicks, but it all came to a halt when my Wife was diagnosed with cancer on October 21st.
Previous to this she had been looking after my elderly Mother who lives next door, while I work full time to barely keep a roof over our heads.
Since she started having problems with her back, I have been looking after Mom, looking after my Wife, working full time and I'm afraid chickens are taxing time I simply have run out of.
I'm not sure whether to let them all go just yet, but I do need to offload this fine looking, strapping young rooster who we named Major.
I would put him in the freezer, but I simply don't have time to do it, so I'm willing to give him away.
He became pretty rough on our three Buff Orpington hens, terrorizing them to the point that they didn't want to come out of the coop in the morning and I was afraid he was becoming a danger to the Silkies.
He might be fine with a bigger flock of ladies and whether you keep, or eat him is all the same to me.
He's a biggun, he's he's healthy as a horse and about 8 months old.
It would be a huge help to help Major find another home.
I have a couple Silkie Roos I'm getting rid of too, so let me know if you're interested.

I am so sorry to hear of your predicament, I first wanted to send prayers your way and wish you a wonderful holiday season! I am a couple hours away (not too far), but am looking for a Salmon Faveroles roo. Do you have one of those in the "others you might rehome" group? I am a 'survivor"and hope you wife will be one soon too!! I will send my best healing "vibes" and prayers for you and your family.

I am in Cola and am interested in your BO roo if you are still looking to rehome him- we have BO and need new blood in our flock- Also interested in any other birds (chicken math LOL)
Thanks

Hi, i feel sorry for what you are passing through right now, but just remember that it will all be over soon, I've been looking for a BO rooster everywhere like crazy, and yet nothing. I have two buff orpington hens and wanted to make my flock bigger, i have chickens because i simply enjoy taking care of them, it would be a pleasure to take care of your roo, im located in Anthony NM. Anyway if someone else receives your roo i hope it goes to someone who will take really good care of him. :)

I am so sorry to hear of your predicament, I first wanted to send prayers your way and wish you a wonderful holiday season! I am a couple hours away (not too far), but am looking for a Salmon Faveroles roo. Do you have one of those in the "others you might rehome" group? I am a 'survivor"and hope you wife will be one soon too!! I will send my best healing "vibes" and prayers for you and your family.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

I'm afraid the only roosters we have at the moment are the one BO and 3 Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom