8 Month Old Male Welsh Harlequin & Female Black Swedish Duck To Good Home. Northern California Bay A

Chcknlvr3

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 5, 2012
Hi there,

I am looking for a home for my Stepson's ducks. They are both very beautiful ducks, a male Welsh Harlequin, and a female Black Swedish. He has raised them from 3 day old ducklings, and are they are very bonded, and would need to be placed together.
hugs.gif
After having them for 8 months he realizes that it would be better for them to have a place to free range, or just be outside more. They have diapers, and a playpen if you want that, and if you intend on having them inside, and will come with a bag of their food. The female lays a big green egg every day. They are very healthy, and friendly enough that you can pick them up. He really would like a place that has some grass, and an enclosure, or somewhere to keep them safe at night. We would like to know a little about where they will be going. Just to be clear, these two are not for the dinner table. We live in the Fremont/Newark area, and can deliver them. We can send pictures on request. Thanks so much for your time!
love.gif

I would love them but we live in Washington. We have a coup with 4 other Mallard ducks. They are allowed to free range during the day but are put in a coup and pen at night. Is there anyway to ship them my way?

hi i live in redding CA. 3.5 hours away from you. i have a huge yard and a pond. are the ducks still in need of a home?

Barb

I was considering ordering a male welsh harlequin from Metzer. I already have a blue swedish female (and several mixed with cayuga and rouen) and would love to have both of yours to add to my flock. I have two geese that I recently separated to their own pen, because Cylde wouldn't let anyone in the coop! So, no threat anymore.

I was planning to have one house duck, and one house goose (hoping they hatch) and the house duck was to be male, and welsh harlequin. So, we won't start with a duckling. Since you did, it will work! I have more diapers on order (she makes them for babies now!) and it is great they are already used to them. I don't have a playpen, so that would help.

Most of mine live with chickens and I love to watch their antics! I am in Sonoma county; Let me know if you still have them and where we can meet....I am north of 580 Richmond bridge.

(image, you have what I was looking for)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom