8 months-no eggs-what gives?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luckitri, Aug 5, 2008.

1. luckitri

luckitri Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    Easter Egger is 8 months old and still has not started laying although she squats and brags like my others did when they laid eggs. What could be wrong?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Is there any way she's hiding her eggs? She doesn't act 'sick' at all does she?

Sometimes they just aren't going to be good layers...or just mature slower. Hope you get an egg soon!! [​IMG]

3. luckitri

luckitri Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    No she is not sick. She is the boss since the other is a bantam. The coop is too small so there is no hiding eggs. But the size of the coop is acceptable according to links that I have seen here on this site. They let me know they want out of it in a huge way and I do intend on building them an addition as soon as I am able. I cannot free-range because we are renting a property with a swimming pool and I fear they will fall in and drown.

I am just wondering if there is anything natural that I can do to stimulate the egg laying.

I was also wondering if the Easter Eggers have some types that are known to be slow to lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by