8 months old and STILL NO EGGS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FarmerGrant011, Oct 4, 2011.

1. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    My polish pullet is EIGHT MONTHS OLD today and she still hasnt laid an egg.... Is this normal for a polish? She was born in April and its just starting to get cool (Texas) so is it fine? And I have 3 chickens (2 BR and 1 australorp) that are 5 months old today.... no eggs from anyone.... Is this normal??

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    By my count if she was born in April, she is only SIX months old...not eight. I've heard that polish are slow to mature and many are sporadic layers... so... [​IMG]

3. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They might lay later when they're ready to lay eggs though they never go broody.

4. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I have nine girls who were born on April 6, which means they will be 26 weeks tomorrow (Wednesday, October 5). 4 of the 9 are laying. I know it is hard to wait, because I waited for a LONG time, but the amazement of finding those eggs every day is worth it all.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  5. FarmerGrant011

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

By my count if she was born in April, she is only SIX months old...not eight. I've heard that polish are slow to mature and many are sporadic layers... so... [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] omg.... how embarrassing...​

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] omg.... how embarrassing...

LOL don't be embarrassed! I'm sure it FEELS like 8 months, am I right? If it's any consolation, I have a pullet who I hatched at the very beginning of May who looks to be nowhere NEAR laying either... [​IMG]

7. FarmerGrant011

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    ya, it REALLY does seem so long!! but shes becoming really stupid.... like she fights my foot until i finally put it really close then she realizes its a foot and not a chicken. but shes cute. I love her to death.

[​IMG] shes quite the poser [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by