8 months old, Drowsy, lazy, liquid poop, liquid crop.Identify disease!

Marylizbet

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
My chicken is about 8 months. Has been laying around, and not eating. Her poop is almost pure water. A little white, and some green grass remains. Her crop feels like it's about 1/4 full of water. Her comb is cold, not the usual temp. Oh, and she's been pooping like that for awhile. Her bum feathers are all wet. My sister is really enjoying her temperment, (Taking her around in a wagon, babying her) but I'd like to know if it's serious or just a cold. Thanks, Mary

Oh, and if you want more information, I can give it to you. I just don't know what I should look for. Her eyes, walking stance are all fine. thanks!

More information, she's laying eggs. She is only drinking water. Only picked at a pear, and some scraps yesterday. She's still acting drowsy, and doesn't do anything.

Well, I don't actually know if that's the problem. Dawg53 says most likely. I don't know what's wrong with her, that's why I was asking. I also don't know what to deworm her with, all we have around is Piperazine. I've read different opinions on here as to what to worm with. If you have a suggestion, please tell me!

I think that dawg53 would recommend Valbazen. I think that's his wormer of choice. And then you need to rotate wormers from there on out.

It won't hurt her at all to de-worm her.

Back
Top Bottom