8 months old, Drowsy, lazy, liquid poop, liquid crop.Identify disease!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Marylizbet, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Marylizbet

Marylizbet Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    My chicken is about 8 months. Has been laying around, and not eating. Her poop is almost pure water. A little white, and some green grass remains. Her crop feels like it's about 1/4 full of water. Her comb is cold, not the usual temp. Oh, and she's been pooping like that for awhile. Her bum feathers are all wet. My sister is really enjoying her temperment, (Taking her around in a wagon, babying her) but I'd like to know if it's serious or just a cold. Thanks, Mary

2. Marylizbet

Mar 25, 2011
    Oh, and if you want more information, I can give it to you. I just don't know what I should look for. Her eyes, walking stance are all fine. thanks!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Most likely needs to be wormed.

4. Marylizbet

Mar 25, 2011
    More information, she's laying eggs. She is only drinking water. Only picked at a pear, and some scraps yesterday. She's still acting drowsy, and doesn't do anything.

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I hope she gets to feeling better. Are you going to de-worm her?

6. Marylizbet

Mar 25, 2011
    Well, I don't actually know if that's the problem. Dawg53 says most likely. I don't know what's wrong with her, that's why I was asking. I also don't know what to deworm her with, all we have around is Piperazine. I've read different opinions on here as to what to worm with. If you have a suggestion, please tell me!

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I think that dawg53 would recommend Valbazen. I think that's his wormer of choice. And then you need to rotate wormers from there on out.

It won't hurt her at all to de-worm her.

8. Marylizbet

Mar 25, 2011
    Thanks. Rotate, as in use a differnent kind the next time I deworm?

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Yes ma'am. I will try to post some of dawgs links for you. He is the de-worm expert.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by