8 new chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Carolyn227, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Carolyn227

Carolyn227 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    On a whim, we decided to go to the feed store and see if they had chicks in stock. They did, and we left with 8! They're in a big tub in the kitchen with bedding, water, food and a warming light. My oldest daughter said, "This is the best day of my life!" I'm excited to add to the three hens that we already have. We'll probably be getting rid of one of the older hens and two of the hens we got today are cornish, so we'll have a flock of 8 in the fall. We got 3 Americauna, 3 buff orphingtons, and 2 cornish. I am excited to raise hens from chicks! Last time we got them at 5-6 weeks old. I guess I'd better read that magazine I just got with the ins and outs of raising chicks, huh?

2. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    awww.....we are going to tractor supply monday morning as soon as they open (that is when they are getting a new shipment of baby chicks) we will probably leave with that many or more!!! could you post pics of them??? I bet they are cute [​IMG]

3. Carolyn227

Carolyn227 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    I can't upload pictures from my computer but I'll upload them ASAP! They are so adorable! I'm planning on getting new chicks every spring. I'm dying of cute!

4. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    if your going to go.. you better hurry up. the TS store here ran out in three days.

5. csanjam

csanjam New Egg

Mar 9, 2012
    I just got my baby chicks today too. I went to the hatchery and picked out 4 cuties. Named them already...Maggie, Shelby, Spot & Harriet. So excited![​IMG]

6. csanjam

csanjam New Egg

Mar 9, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by