8+ Olive Egger Eggs ship date 19th

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Nov 11, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Hi all,

I've had a request to post an auction with fewer eggs. [​IMG] LOL This auction will be for 8+ eggs ( most likely a full 12)

I have been saving all my OE eggs to blow out for Xmas decorations ( I know I know) but Ive gotten 100+ done of them and im ready to NOT collect for me anymore:) All that blowing out drives me nuts! haha

In my pens I have a FBCM rooster ( 7 months old) with my girls ( 9 of them) ameracaunas ( blue)-OE hens-and my EE's the eggs all are dark green-green-brilliant blues and some are speckled green. They produce gorgeous muffed chicks which I had hatched out all Summer ( under broodies). YOU WILL GET SOME STRAIGHT COMBED CHICKS FROM THESE HATCHES-as the FBCM has straight comb so it will be a 50/50 but the straight comb pullets are just as pretty:) I have 3 I kept- Im waiting to mature fully. I package/ship very carefully-and have yet to have a batch of eggs arrive with any problems( cracked/broken)-all though I must state once the eggs leave my house I cannot guarantee hatchability-

these will be shipped on or around Nov 19th Here are lots of pictures from this Summer

Broody and her newly hatching babies and OE eggs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FBCm roo about 2 months ago and one of the OE hens-( forget the white orps behind them all my birds are seperately penned now that Fall is here)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    photo of what some of the colored eggs you will be recieving ( not the brown or white ones LOL)
    [​IMG]

some eggs I decorated so you can see more colors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fertility has been great!!!

If you would like to get on the waiting list for these guys-lets me know through Pm please:)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. Newyorkrita

Newyorkrita Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2010
    Do you have any pictures of the chicks that you hatched yourself ? Not baby pictures right after they hatched but what they looked like later?

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:mm sure somewhere let me looksie! Im due for new photos too!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Let me hollar to my sharkie friends as most of them have hatched out my chicks Ill ask for photos-

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Your Olive Egger hens are very lovely! I've never seen OE with that color/pattern. What did you use for the initial cross to create them?

Will their babies look the same?

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:to get those I crossed a favorelle x Ameracauna roo over a green egg laying EE hen

The "twins" were the result

The twins are now crossed with a pure FBCM roo producing some dark colored chicks like the ones listed-hopefully you will see the other colors coming out as I requested some of my friends to post photos of their birds from me-

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    This is Natalie, an OE I hatched from sonew's eggs. She will be 13 weeks this Fri. and the pic was taken 2 days ago.

[​IMG]

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:There's my gorgeous girl! [​IMG] thanks Brindle-your just the savior of the day today it seems:) Oh I got out from "under the chair" LOL

9. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Sorry, but I just cleaned up the camera and my uploads so I don't have any little chicks pics. [​IMG] However, they hatched very well, 7 out of 9 shipped all the way to Texas in the heat, and the chicks were fat and extremely healthy!

10. Newyorkrita

Newyorkrita Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2010
    Quote:There's my gorgeous girl! [​IMG] thanks Brindle-your just the savior of the day today it seems:) Oh I got out from "under the chair" LOL

Oh, Natalie is lovely [​IMG] What about any of the others whose backs are just notivable in the picture? Are they from the same batch of eggs? I am trying to figgure what color chickens I could get from this cross.

Hope some more of you have pictures to post. I would really, really love to see them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by