8+ Olive egger eggs SOLD LOCALLY/PRIVATELY THANK YOU!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Nov 21, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Hi all,

I've had a request to post auctions with fewer eggs. [​IMG] LOL This auction will be for 8+ eggs ( most likely a full 12) My girls are coming out of molt and really kicking up their laying:)

I have been saving all my OE eggs to blow out for Xmas decorations ( I know I know) but Ive gotten 100+ done of them and im ready to NOT collect for me anymore:) All that blowing out drives me nuts! haha

In my pens I have a FBCM rooster ( 9 months old) with my girls ( 9 of them) ameracaunas ( blue)-OE hens-and my EE's the eggs all are dark green-green-brilliant blues and some are speckled green. They produce gorgeous muffed chicks which I had hatched out all Summer ( under broodies). YOU WILL GET SOME STRAIGHT COMBED CHICKS FROM THESE HATCHES-as the FBCM has straight comb so it will be a 50/50 but the straight comb pullets are just as pretty:) I package/ship very carefully-and have yet to have a batch of eggs arrive with any problems( cracked/broken)-all though I must state once the eggs leave my house I cannot guarantee hatchability-

these will be shipped on Mon the 29th Here are lots of pictures from this Summer

Broody and her newly hatching babies and OE eggs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FBCm roo about 2 months ago and one of the OE hens-( forget the white orps they were sold off on Oct-[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    photo of what some of the colored eggs you will be recieving ( not the brown or white ones LOL)
    [​IMG]

some eggs I decorated so you can see more colors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fertility has been great!!!

If you would like to get on the waiting list for these guys-lets me know through Pm please:)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. AmyJ

AmyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Newburgh, NY
    Your girls are so pretty Nat! If I dont get any olive eggers from mine, I want some eggs from you! I have 2 FBCM hens and an EE roo. So I should get some olive egger babies if I hatch from them right? Still trying to figure out how this works lol. The roo has a a huge/beard muff and pea comb, so should be good right lol. If not I am going to be getting some of these eggs from you next year. With the silkie eggs, and turkey eggs ......... Now watch me not get a broody at all this spring. [​IMG]

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    MUST YOU????? [​IMG] [​IMG] My 'bator's been empty for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:oooh even the momma who lays those dark olive eggs are laying again [​IMG] you didnt get those when you hatched -she was molting:)

AMy he should be good to use for the OE eggs as long as he was hatched out of a green/blue egg. If he was hatched out of a brown egg then no hunny...Here's [​IMG] he was hatched out of a colored egg [​IMG]

5. AmyJ

Jan 21, 2009
    Newburgh, NY
    Quote:oooh even the momma who lays those dark olive eggs are laying again [​IMG] you didnt get those when you hatched -she was molting:)

AMy he should be good to use for the OE eggs as long as he was hatched out of a green/blue egg. If he was hatched out of a brown egg then no hunny...Here's [​IMG] he was hatched out of a colored egg [​IMG]

Well I dont know! I know his dad was a blue ameraucana, but I dont know what hen. It could have been an EE or a buff orp. I got him from a friend of mine so I can ask her. I'm still trying to figure out all these genetic and egg color things lol. I might just get a few eggs from you anyway. I have one EE hen that lays a greenish egg, so some other variety of colors would be nice [​IMG]

So I am going to pick your brain for a minute lol. I have a bantam lavender ameraucana roo. So if I put him over the FBCM hens I would get split lavs correct? So I could eventually have lavender olive eggers? But I guess they would be a mix of LF and bantam lol.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

Well I dont know! I know his dad was a blue ameraucana, but I dont know what hen. It could have been an EE or a buff orp. I got him from a friend of mine so I can ask her. I'm still trying to figure out all these genetic and egg color things lol. I might just get a few eggs from you anyway. I have one EE hen that lays a greenish egg, so some other variety of colors would be nice [​IMG]

So I am going to pick your brain for a minute lol. I have a bantam lavender ameraucana roo. So if I put him over the FBCM hens I would get split lavs correct? So I could eventually have lavender olive eggers? But I guess they would be a mix of LF and bantam lol.

MMMM yes you would eventually-Ive been thinking the same thoughts mauauaua... I have no lavender girls except my orp...so I cant do that and can't even begin to suggest another breed or pen around here-Id be dead! if you did that mating resulting chicks would be splits all carry the lav gene 50%-then you can take those splits and mate them and get 25% lav chicks laying olive eggs-but at that point the egg color will not be as strong as the direct mating. the first generation that lay eggs will be dark olive eggs you have to keep adding the dark layer gene into the mix to make sur ethe color stays dark olive not EE green:)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. AmyJ

Jan 21, 2009
    Newburgh, NY
    Quote:Well I dont know! I know his dad was a blue ameraucana, but I dont know what hen. It could have been an EE or a buff orp. I got him from a friend of mine so I can ask her. I'm still trying to figure out all these genetic and egg color things lol. I might just get a few eggs from you anyway. I have one EE hen that lays a greenish egg, so some other variety of colors would be nice [​IMG]

MMMM yes you would eventually-Ive been thinking the same thoughts mauauaua... I have no lavender girls except my orp...so I cant do that and can't even begin to suggest another breed or pen around here-Id be dead! if you did that mating resulting chicks would be splits all carry the lav gene 50%-then you can take those splits and mate them and get 25% lav chicks laying olive eggs-but at that point the egg color will not be as strong as the direct mating. the first generation that lay eggs will be dark olive eggs you have to keep adding the dark layer gene into the mix to make sur ethe color stays dark olive not EE green:)

Ok good so I was thinking right then lol. Thanks! I'll be doing that then in the spring, should be fun to do [​IMG] I still want some eggs from you though too, I'll let you know when I get some broodies!!!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    AMY [​IMG] no problem-right now I wish I had a few more broodies:)

9. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Just wondering what their temperaments are like. Are they cuddly lap chickens or more skittish but lay lovely eggs?

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:funny, thats the question everyone has been asking me. I can only offer up how my girls are with me. I have 9 in there. 2-3 will follow me everywhere, jump in my lap ( looking for treats no less LOL) and never run from me-all of them eat from my hands. When they free ranged this Summer they followed me everywhere to see what I was doing, planting bulbs, filling duck pools, walking around etc...I hatched all of them out of my own pretty much so they know me very well. There was a few that were skittish I quickly sold them off as skittish and me don't mix. When I go into their pen to feed and water and fluff their egg laying basket-they crowd around me feet and make it almost impossible to walk around in fact Ive had to grab onto the side of their pen a few times to avoid stepping on some! I want to believe its because they LOVE me but in reality I know they "like" me but they like what I have in my hands better. Last night-left over lasagna and meatballs:) with peas and carrots

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by