8 QUESTIONS: NEED ANSWERS ASAP PLZ

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Thumbelina, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    Cruz Bay, St John UsVi
    Ok so I've got a few questions about a few things that I think y'all will be the best people to ask.... For more info on them and how I came to have them read my other post: HELP! Rescued Baby peepers!
    1) what is the easiest, cheapest quickest way to build a fenced in area for a short amount of time? They need some yard time, but unfortunately with 4 of em I can't watch em the whole time. And i do not want them to get(fly/jump) out of it, so a roof/lid is a must...
    Plus they need more bugs...
    2) do chicks eat ants? What's an easy way to get more buggies/protein into their diet without simply buying buggy's? There are not any tackle shops here due to national park limits or I would.
    3) What sort of greens have you found your baby peepers like?!? (Mine DONT like anything I've given them)
    4)My male Chick started sneezing last night, have not noticed it today. Is it usual for them to sneeze?
    5) at what age should I turn them loose completely?
    7) if I make sure they have access to grit, will they take it on their own? (Please keep in mind that They were wild chickies)
    8) how much time should I spend with them? They all seem to crave my attention now a days. But they need to be able to survive on their own. plus Im not here year round(not here for like 3 months), though of course I will give food when I can. They're not my pets. They're cute and hilarious watching, but like I said their rescue chicks and must go back on eventually.
    Thanks for any advice and other awesome information / tips y'all may have!!!
    [​IMG]XoXoXo
    -[​IMG]Thumbelina[​IMG] & The[​IMG]Peepers!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    Cruz Bay, St John UsVi
    [​IMG]

---->this picture is from two-3 days ago, that rug is their nap spot.

[​IMG]

---->QUESTION #9) WHICH BREED OF CHICKEN IS THIS? This is a typical rooster of island. The females here are generally a dusty- dark burnt brown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---> if you look at my profile picture, that was taken the first week I has them, try were only 3-4 weeks old. The top picture is from 3 days ago. The bottom 3 were all taken 15 minutes ago... They're growing to darn fast!!!! They're still cute, especially when I'm trying to go pee and they jump on my lap. Kinda nerve wracking honestly ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by