8%- religious

momma's chickens :

My faith has wavered in the last three years since my daughter's diagnosis, but I know the Lord is faithful!

The hardest trials I've ever gone through were 2 bouts of cancer with my youngest daughter, Grace. My heart was so broken I didn't know if I'd ever be without pain again. During this trial my wife wrote this rendition of Amazing Grace!

May the Prince of Peace Himself wrap you up in His arms and bring you Peace.

agape,

john​

That was surely pretty frugal.

Is that your wife talking and singing too?

Many blessings onto you all,
In Christ's love,
Gretchen

Quote:
No, my wife's voice had weakened considerably because of illness by that time. She was still able to lay some of the guitar tracks and do the intro. One of my daughter's, Taramesha, was the lead vocal.

This song, Looking Back, was written by Taramesha. Taramesha's husband Jeremy plays the harmonica and Taramesha is the lead vocalist.

From Taramesha
This song came about as I was praying for a family in our community who had recently lost a teenage daughter in a tragic car accident. I had known the young women who died and also had worked with her mother for several years. A year after the accident the family was still hurting badly and I wanted to share with them where God had brought my husband and me after the death of one of our children. In 2005, one of our twin sons, Gideon, was still born. It was and remains the most difficult circumstance that has come into our lives up to this point. There were times when I didn’t know how I would ever feel joy and peace again. I didn’t think I would ever be able to look back at what happened and see the goodness of God in the midst of it. But, as we humbled ourselves, drew near to God, listened to His voice, received His forgiveness, and embraced the cross that He had given us, we began to find healing, peace, joy, and life again. Whatever life brings at us whether it is death, sickness, or pain—God does not mean for it to destroy us and it doesn’t change His love for us. So as I look back down the road that we have traveled on I am able to say that God is faithful and His love is full of mercy and grace for whatever we must go through.

We love Him.

agape,

john​

What a wonderful time of the year to remind us what Jesus lived and died for. . .I have read this before, but needed it again to be reminded. I was baptised today, at my little Baptist country church that I love, and this was the perfect story to end my day. Thank you!!
love.gif

Thank you Frugal, that was quite nice!! I remember as a little girl how I loved to hear my grandmother sing "Old Rugged Cross" to me.

Thank you Renee for sharing your moment with us as well. I hadn't noticed it was so close to Easter but yes it is a wonderful time indeed!

Quote:
The hardest trials I've ever gone through were 2 bouts of cancer with my youngest daughter, Grace. My heart was so broken I didn't know if I'd ever be without pain again. During this trial my wife wrote this rendition of Amazing Grace!

May the Prince of Peace Himself wrap you up in His arms and bring you Peace.

agape,

john

That was simply beautiful, John!

Back
Top Bottom