8+ Silkied Project Eggs *Auction* Ends 4/5 Thursday

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by farmerChef, Mar 26, 2012.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    *Auction* Ends Thursday 4/5 at 6 pm EST

Shipping is $14.00

Bidding starts at $5, please reply below with bids in $1 increments

Up for auction is 8+ eggs from My Silkied project hens. My incubator is full so I am offering some before they go broody. I have a Silkied Lemon Splash Cuckoo Rooster over a Smooth Lemon Blue Hen with the silkied gene. I also have a Mottled Ancona rooster over a Blue cuckoo and a Lemon Splash Cuckoo hen. The chicks from the first pair will be silkied, and the other chicks will be smooth but should carry the silkied gene. The smooth hen went broody MANY times last year, she has been nicknamed my 10-egg broody. She raised the 2 other hens that where from another silkied hen I had. All of the silkied chickens have 5 toes and are meduim sized. I plan on breeding them to my Jersey Giants when they start to lay.

Eggs will ship Friday 4/6 or Saturday 4/7, extras are up to the hens.
    Paypal only please
    I am not NPIP

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. loot4louie

loot4louie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Ringoes NJ
    Are they lf or bantam

3. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    They are medium sized right now, kind of inbetween. I plan on making them bigger when my Jersey giants start laying.

4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Good luck, [​IMG]

5. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop

Thank you :D
    I'm not too fond of the Silkie's round poofyness, but I like the silkied feathers. I wish I could hatch out a silked serama, :rolleyes: , apparently I'm not to good at hatching shipped serama eggs. I also like birds with a large comb. I think it'd look cool if I could breed them to Le fleche and have a leaf/butterfly comb. That will probly be on down the road when I get my own place. ;)

6. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Forgot to mention, the ancona/fuzzy chicks will be sexlinked because the hens are barred. The splash's chicks will all be blue, and the blue's chicks will be black or blue, and all of the males will be barred. They will have a spot on their head. All of the chicks from the silkied/smooth pair will be barred, but I did hatch a non-barred chick last year, so there is a small chance you could get a solid colored chick from them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by