8 week bantams - take a guess?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by homeycow, Jul 18, 2010.

1. homeycow

homeycow Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    North Texas
    I guess it's too early to reliably predict gender on these kids, but after looking at the post about Vera/Victor, I can't help but ask. Also, other than the two silkies, can anyone tell me breeds? I do have some ideas, but I am worn out from looking at pictures of different breeds, and I'd like to know for sure!

This is Safire, and looking at the responses to the Vera/Victor post, I am guessing rooster. This is our sweetest, friendliest baby, and I will be thrilled if it turns out to be a roo.

[​IMG]

This is our prettiest, Hazel.

[​IMG]

Here is Caroleena. DH thinks she is unattractive, but I disagree!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sunny is kinda plain, but I love her.

[​IMG]

And this is the baby, Karis, about half the size of the largest. Don't tell the others, but this is my favorite!

[​IMG]

I would love some opinions on these guys. I can try to get close-ups of their faces if it will help anyone speculate on their gender. Thanks to anyone who can help. [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Cockerel pullet, cockerel, pullet, pullet- sorry, but I think Caroleena is misnamed. Not 100% on that but pretty certain.

3. homeycow

homeycow Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    North Texas
    Quote:Hey, sourland, if you're still around, thanks for the reply. I am hoping you will share with me why you think Caroleena may be a cockerel. I want to learn!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by