8 week old Black Australorp rooster free to good home (Portland, OR)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by archmichelle, May 4, 2008.

1. archmichelle

archmichelle Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    Portland, OR
    This is my first time posting, but I have been reading on the forum for a few months now. I definitely have gotten a lot of great information here, given my husband and I are first time backyard chicken owners.
    So, the reason for this post is we got what we thought were three pullets a couple of months ago, but last week one started crowing. I called the feed store where we got them and they acted like it was our fault we picked out a male - they're all supposed to be girls, they said. Duh! Anyway they wouldn't take him back, but we wanted three egg layers and are in a too residential area to keep him, so I have no choice, but to try and find a good home for him. I have also posted on Craig's List, but am a bit weary about who might respond. I would prefer he not become someone's dinner, or worse, illegal entertainment.
    It would be great if there was someone on this site who might be near us and be able to take a sweet rooster. Anyway, please respond to this post if you maybe interested, or have any suggestions for other avenues I can try to find him a home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by