8 week old buff orph sick, help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crobbinsgirl, Jun 10, 2016.

1. crobbinsgirl

crobbinsgirl New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    I have a 8 week old buff orph that has been acting strange. I've been reading up on it but nothing quite fits in with her symptoms. She is 1 of 3 buffs that I got as a babe and has always been a runt. As of right now she is about half the size of her sisters. [​IMG]She is ok most of the time but whenever she eats mucus comes out of her beak and she struggles to get the food in, same goes for water. I know something has to be getting through because she poops like normal. She is fluffy but really skinny underneath and I can't really feel her crop. She's pretty mellow most of the time and sleeps a lot. She has no wheezing from what I can tell. Just today I noticed her beak and feet are slightly grey. Whenever I think she's getting better something else shows up. Please help, any thoughts? Is she contagious? Is there anything I can do for her?

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd quarantine her just to be safe

3. crobbinsgirl

crobbinsgirl New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    She has been since I noticed it 1 week ago. Is it possible for cats, dogs or even people to get what she might have?

4. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

it could be possible, does her poop look normal? make sure you wash your hands and other things well after touching her to be safe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by