8 week old chicks, what breed/s are these?

WVChickenFarmer

Songster
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Union, WV
I first wanted to say thanks a bunch on helping me with the black australorp rooster. I hope maybe you all can help me on these also? Sorry they are not the best pictures. I think I need fix my camera settings. Also my chicks are not the most cooperative. Sorry there are so many pictures and I think they might be little to big.
sad.png

The one on the ladder going into the coop, I think might be a rooster too? Maybe black australorp looked lot like the other one as a chick.
8weekchick1.jpg

Lavender Orpington pullet maybe? I have another one looks just like her except no black feathers.
8weekchick2.jpg

I don't know if you can tell what they are in this picture or not. But thought I would put it on here.
8weekchick3.jpg

Maybe another Oprington? (next 3 pics are of the same chick)
8weekchick4.jpg

8weekchick5.jpg

8weekchick6.jpg

I'm thinking the dark yellowish one might be a buff orpington? not really sure and a pullet.
8weekchick7.jpg

Just another picture I am throwing in see maybe someone see's more then one rooster.
8weekchick8.jpg

Last edited:
oh wow in the 3rd pic the chick up front with tan, brown and black i have a hen just like her didnt know what she was untill asked on here still not sure cuz got alot of answer but best answer is buff orpington and Plymouth Rock also u last pic of ur buff orpington looks like my Buff Plymouth Rock rooster and looks like she got some pointed & shiny hackle feathers like a rooster, but the rest look like pullets to me and very beautiful bunch u got too hope help any
big_smile.png

93963_dscn2131.jpg
pic of fancy pants my tan, brown and black hen hard to see the black on top of her head in this pic
tongue.png

The first one is a roo, and so is the one in the last pic- buff colored guy standing in the middle.
Your lavender orp is actually splash colored i believe- and I think she is a mix, her legs are way to green to be pure orpington, she is very pretty!
You have a very nice flock
smile.png

Hmm..looks like I might have more roosters then I first thought. By the looks of it we might have 3 or 4 roosters. lol I guess that is not to bad out of 17 chickens right now.

allieloveschickens- thanks for explaining color of the orp or orp mix. I was not really sure what she was. She could very well be a mix. But to me in real life her legs look more grey then green.

I just went back and looked at the pics of the splashed orp/orp mix and in that picture they do look green. I'm not sure why? But they are a greyish color in real life.

Last edited:
Quote:
I hatched a bunch of Buff Orpington x Barred Rock chicks last year and the pullets legs varied anywhere from yellow, to white, to willow green, and also blue slate, i.e., grey.
wink.png

48412_liesls_pics_585.jpg

Oh, I'm not saying that some are not barred rock/orp mix. I was just saying the lavender chicks look more pure orp to me I wish my camera was not so crappy. I have looked at pictures of other orpingtons on here and done google searches and they look very similar to mine. But yes they could still be a mix of a orp which really does not matter to me.
smile.png
Because I really like them all no matter what they are.
smile.png

I hope no one thinks I was being rude or argumentative? I really do appreciate everyone's help.
smile.png

I was told the buff one standing in the middle could be a pullet before. So I really am confused. I have been told he/she don't really have any rooish features?

Also, I'm not trying to be rude or get myself in trouble. But why is there so many views like over 100 views but only like 3 or 4 people actually replied to this?

JMOP all I see that looks rooish is the buff the last picture. At 8 weeks already getting red comb and wattles and the legs are pretty thick. As for a barred rock/ orp mix I have 2. Great little girls. They look similar but yours is darker then mine so not sure on yours. And.... if you want I would take your splash one anytime. Wow she is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom