8 week old Cochin Bantam attacked

gbay66

Hatching
Oct 15, 2020
Please help! I’m new here. But this morning I went outside to check on my chicks and one of the older chicks attacked her. She pulled all her feathers off her head. I separated her and the other chicks away from the 2 older ones. I cleaned her wound and applied some poultry ointment spray. I’ve only had 2 chickens that are 2 years old and we bought 3 chicks 2 months ago and I’ve been introducing them slowly and they have been fine until now. Not sure what else I can do to help her??

Attachments

• C965B2A1-E342-4A3D-BEE3-2D09FC16D456.jpeg
    C965B2A1-E342-4A3D-BEE3-2D09FC16D456.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 9
Keep cleaning it to prevent infection, and continue using the spray. Do you have any ointment you can put on it? It will have to be kept separate from other chickens to prevent further damage, unless you have or can get blue kote which will prevent other chickens pecking it.

Keep cleaning it to prevent infection, and continue using the spray. Do you have any ointment you can put on it? It will have to be kept separate from other chickens to prevent further damage, unless you have or can get blue kote which will prevent other chickens pecking it.
Thank you. Yes I have an ointment I can put on her. I will keep her separate until she starts to heal more. Just praying she will recover. Thanks again.

Please help! I’m new here. But this morning I went outside to check on my chicks and one of the older chicks attacked her. She pulled all her feathers off her head. I separated her and the other chicks away from the 2 older ones. I cleaned her wound and applied some poultry ointment spray. I’ve only had 2 chickens that are 2 years old and we bought 3 chicks 2 months ago and I’ve been introducing them slowly and they have been fine until now. Not sure what else I can do to help her??
I have 2 chicks that are 5 weeks old now. They've been cage to cage (run/brooder) with my 6 month old girls for 3 weeks, and i was planning on doing play times then integrating them next week. I'm afraid of this same thing happening! Can i ask how long they knew each other before you combined them? Wondering if i need to wait longer.

Back
Top Bottom