8 week old EE's, all pullets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DelilahJones, May 18, 2011.

1. DelilahJones

DelilahJones Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Did my kids pick out all pullet chicks EE's at TSC 8 weeks ago? None have spurs.

Henrietta...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

George...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amelia...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    looks like they did!

3. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    Maybe they have futures as chick sexers!

I bought 12 pullets and got one roo, and he's being so mean to my favourite right now! I've found him a good home, with a neighbour who needs a roo. He may be a PITA, but I don't want him to go to freezer camp.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    They look like girls to me! And very pretty too!

5. Forever Green

Forever Green Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    Wow, I'm guessing all hens. Very lucky, your children.......

6. DelilahJones

May 18, 2011
    Thanks for your responses. We've been leaning towards them all being girls too, just not 90%. Not sure the kids want to be chicken sexers. LOL. Who knows maybe the tank was labeled wrong? We weren't planning on having 3 EE's. Oh well.

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    100% pullets. [​IMG] EEs can be sexed by color.

BTW, can I borrow your kids the next time I go to TSC? [​IMG] I'll buy them each an ice cream after they each pick me out 10 chicks from the straight run bin, LOL! [​IMG]

8. DelilahJones

May 18, 2011
    [​IMG] Thanks, I feel like a proud mom...

9. Chickmate

Chickmate Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    SE Michigan
    Quote:Wait, are you serious? I have 12 "Americanas" (EE's?) from TSC that I am dying to know if they are pullets or roos. I have so many roos now I'm almost afraid to find out what these Americanas are, but I need to know so I can start finding homes for some roos! I keep looking at saddle feathers and they all look pointy to me! If they can be sexed by color please tell me how??
    [​IMG]

10. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:Wait, are you serious? I have 12 "Americanas" (EE's?) from TSC that I am dying to know if they are pullets or roos. I have so many roos now I'm almost afraid to find out what these Americanas are, but I need to know so I can start finding homes for some roos! I keep looking at saddle feathers and they all look pointy to me! If they can be sexed by color please tell me how??
    [​IMG]

Yes, EEs can be sexed by color, with the exception of solid-colored birds (like solid white). Here's a great description by "Illia" (post #7): https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=463817&p=1

I
    also have pics on this thread on page 5, showing some of the common color patterns on roosters and pullets.

I know it was quite confusing to me, but then when I raised up a batch of 37 EEs this spring I caught on real quick.

I'd love to see pics of your EEs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by