8 week old rooster walking in circles and not eating well

meesh480

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 10, 2015
IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5965.JPG
My favorite rooster started acting funny today. I went to feed the chickens this morning and noticed he did not come running. When he started walking towards me he kept walking to the left and his head was turned. He looks as though he is watching everything behind him. I'm so worried about him and don't want him to die. I checked him over for any signs of an attack but don't see any. Please help. Any advice or past experiences with a chicken acting similar would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What are you feeding him? If he isn't eating well try to get him on some nutri-drench asap. This will help keep him less stressed give him energy and nutrients. This sounds like it could be vitamin deficiency or neurological. Get him some vitamin E it may help

Things that come to mind are wry neck, which is a deficiency, Mareks, and botulism. I would try some vitamins and see if there's an improvement.

What are you feeding him? If he isn't eating well try to get him on some nutri-drench asap. This will help keep him less stressed give him energy and nutrients. This sounds like it could be vitamin deficiency or neurological. Get him some vitamin E it may help
I'm feeding him the scratch and peck grower chicken feed. I am going to get him some vitamins now but i've been trying to get him to drink and he just pulls his head back.

Things that come to mind are wry neck, which is a deficiency, Mareks, and botulism. I would try some vitamins and see if there's an improvement.

Thank you. I'm going to try to get some vitamins in him and bring him inside. Right now the outside temp is 106.

Yes that is hot...make sure their water is in shade for sure with those temps. And I would probably refill it partway thru day with cold water.

Back
Top Bottom