8 week pullet puffed and weak

nettlesandrose

Chirping
Jan 5, 2022
My pullet is 8 weeks old. Today I was moving her to a new enclosure and noticed she was too easy to catch.

Now she is puffed up, lethargic, and out of it. Poops in the enclosure do not appear abnormal.

I have administered Corid in water and her beak. I have also given sugar water, egg yolk, and nutridrench.

I’m worried she won’t make it.

Give 0.1 per pound of undiluted Corid into her beak today and for the next 3 days. Is she taking fluids? Make sure that she is drinking plenty. How does her crop feel? Is there any mucus or yellow fluid, or blood in her poop?

Give 0.1 per pound of undiluted Corid into her beak today and for the next 3 days. Is she taking fluids? Make sure that she is drinking plenty. How does her crop feel? Is there any mucus or yellow fluid, or blood in her poop?
No unusual poop. Her crop was really soft and she regurgitated water when I rubbed it.

Oral Corid is on board. She’s eating and drinking great

Be careful not to massage or squeeze the crop as that can cause her to vomit and aspirate. Just check the crop to make sure it is not hard and impacted. It may stay full if she is eating and drinking around the clock. Let us know how she gets along.

I have administered Corid in water and her beak. I have also given sugar water, egg yolk, and nutridrench.
I agree with giving her an direct undiluted oral drench in addition to her drinking the mixed Corid water, but cut out the Poultry Nutri-Drench until you finish the 5-7 day course of treatment.

And I agree with being careful handling sour crop. My Jessamine died last weekend when I accidentally caused her to vomit and aspirate....

I miss her so...
:hit

Back
Top Bottom