8 weeks old now, what is your guess about the breeds of these three?

midwifebeth

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Here are pictures of my three chicks. These are my first chickens and they were given to me. So I don't know what I have. They are now 8 weeks old.

My guess is Buff Orpington, an Americauna and a Wellsummer. What do you think?

Here are their baby pics a few days old. It's the eye liner on the striped one that made me guess Wellsummer. What do you think?

Alex15

Songster
Feb 24, 2013
I agree with you on first and last, except the middle I don't really know anything of americaunas and kind of looks like a blue australorp to me, but it most likely isn't!

midwifebeth

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Not sure on the first two but the third one looks like it has white earlobes which would mean it's a brown leghorn not a Welsummer.
Yep, her ears are white as best I can tell.
sad.png

I was hoping for a Wellsummer because of the egg color. But it sure looks like white ears.

Thanks, for the insight.

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I'm not sure if it's really the color or my monitor, but that first bird looks more red/orange than buff. If so, I'd think maybe New Hampshire?
The second bird has a straight comb, so not ameraucana. Maybe a blue andalusian? Kinda looks like white earlobes there, also.
The third bird, I agree looks like a brown leghorn, with the lobes and the larger comb.

Top Bottom