8+ White Crested / 6+ Cayuga Mix Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickie Mamma, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I have 14 eggs total so far, will ship on Saturday morning with delivery confirmation. I will collect whatever is laid til then and ship them too. The white crested female is double crested. Male is white non crested (with crested genes). Cayuga female is pure but mated with the same white crested male. I have hatched out many chocolate colored babies from the Cayuga mixed eggs. I package/label well for shipping and have had no casualities yet. I accept Paypal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chasing ducks

chasing ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Are white crested actually crested pekins or are they another breed? Have any of the cayuga mix babies come out with crests?

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I believe they are crested Pekins, pure Pekins have no crests. I have only had 1 cayuga mix with a crest, it was black with a decent size crest. The chocolate babies are genetically females from what I was told. I have 18 in my bator and due in 2 days. All have developed nicely and I even have a pip tonight! I always get one anxious to get out a little early [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by