8 wk chick weezing?...

bbecca

Songster
6 Years
May 24, 2016
Oregon
I just integrated my 8 wk chicks in with my existing flock yesterday. They've been in the coop in a seperate dog cage along with existing flock already for over 3 wks. So yesterday was first official day letting them join others. There was some chasing around and pecking but no injurys known, I think just the normal establishing order. The chicks were scared a bit and ran into their hiding places when needed. Anyways, after all day of this I noticed one chick is weezing now. She doesn't look sick in any other way, no runny discharge no mouth open gasping for air, still eating etc. could she be sick or is this just the stress of it all? Not sure if I need to quarantine or not since there's no other signs of sickness.

I just integrated my 8 wk chicks in with my existing flock yesterday. They've been in the coop in a seperate dog cage along with existing flock already for over 3 wks. So yesterday was first official day letting them join others. There was some chasing around and pecking but no injurys known, I think just the normal establishing order. The chicks were scared a bit and ran into their hiding places when needed. Anyways, after all day of this I noticed one chick is weezing now. She doesn't look sick in any other way, no runny discharge no mouth open gasping for air, still eating etc. could she be sick or is this just the stress of it all? Not sure if I need to quarantine or not since there's no other signs of sickness.

Its hard to tell from way over here----were the chicks on dirt inside the dog cage or just got on the dirt for the first time----maybe it breathed in some dust?? I would feel its not from stress, But??? I would for sure monitor and quickly remove from the rest and Doctor as soon as I feel there is a problem. Good Luck

@PD-Riverman they haven't been in any dirt yet. Wood chips only. There was alot of dust flying around as all the birds were chasing eachother? If I need to dr. Her up, what do I do? Probiotics, Oregon oil or vinager in water?

Back
Top Bottom