1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

80 Year Old Woman Crimninal Charges for Feeding Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pirtykitty, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Another person that does not want to follow the rules they don't like. Would this be news at all if she was 25 instead of 80 ?

2. Lazaryss

Lazaryss Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    It's a silly law, but a law nonetheless. Of course it would not be an issue if it was a 25 year old because it wouldn't be sensational, which is what the Huffington Post is known for.

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    IMO She was given fair warning. If you do not like a law, fight it, don't break it. [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Well, as much as I understand her enjoyment at feeding the ducks, she was told many times, even fined and had no trespassing orders to stop feeding and visiting that park. I think they gave her plenty of chances. She's old enough to know better.

5. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

I find it so sad that with so many other things going, like the economy, that they actually are going to make a big fuss over on older lady feeding wildlife. The biggest complaint I heard was that she caused the animals to, ehem, do their business. THEY ARE ANIMALS THEY ARE GOING TO CRAP!!!! [​IMG] And yes, animals do not care where they crap, nor do they care what it looks like after the "deed" is done. If you want the crapping to stop MOVE THE ANIMALS!!!! [​IMG] . I dont agree with the way she's handling the situation, FIGHT THE LAW DON'T VIOLATE IT!! But really, All of this fuss over feeding ducks [​IMG] . Someone needs to find other criminals to pursue; perhaps child molesters, or murderers, or maybe even the children that are bringing drugs to school. [​IMG] . Just a thought.

6. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I personally think it's a waste of taxpayer dollars to be chasing an old woman down for feeding ducks and geese in a park. Here Canadian geese are a tremendous nuisance, but instead of chasing someone down for feeding them they should temporarily close the park and sell tags for hunting them. I don't know how it is there, but here they hang around whether they are fed or not. I think the taxpayers' dollars could be much better used hunting down rapists and murderers.

7. Lazaryss

Lazaryss Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    Quote:Here is the thing though. When you let people get away with breaking little laws, yes even this one, they start to be broken more and more. At that point how do you justify actually enforcing the law? How do you choose which laws to enforce? With the economy the way it is as you said, what laws are ok to ignore?

8. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:Here is the thing though. When you let people get away with breaking little laws, yes even this one, they start to be broken more and more. At that point how do you justify actually enforcing the law? How do you choose which laws to enforce? With the economy the way it is as you said, what laws are ok to ignore?

x2

9. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not saying completely ignore it. What I am saying is it seems to me there are so many other more important things to concern ourselves with. Whether or not an old lady is feeding ducks is not one of them in my book. It just seems to me that these people should have a bit more discernment on what they enforce this heavily. I agree she is breaking the law, she should face the punishment, but COME ON!!!! CRIMINAL CHARGES [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!!! Seems just a bit too far if you ask me. We let murderers run free while we prosecute an elderly lady for feeding ducks. ( I'm going to type that one more time in cap lock for emphasis) FOR FEEDING DUCKS. Really [​IMG] ??!!!

P.S. if it seems I'm lashing out at you, I am sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way. This article just ( for the sake of a bit of chickens/duck humor) ruffled my feathers. There I said it.....IIIIIII said it. [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by