8x8' Coop almost Done!

Pics

Nicole A.

Chirping
Nov 27, 2017
Reno, NV
Hi,

I've been working on getting my coop setup for a while and I wanted to share a few pictures. Still no chickens, but I was thinking of using the mama heating pad setup so I can raise them in the coop.

A few of these pictures are before I added the pine shavings. I also have a black bin that I plan to use as a dust bath area. I still need to set up nest boxes on the lower shelf, and feeders, but I feel like I'm pretty close to complete.

I still need to predator proof the run area but it's been a little too cold for digging. (Reno, NV)

I don't have any experience with chickens so this setup is purely from research on the this forum and other online suggestions. If anyone has suggestions for anything else I might be missing please feel free!

IMG_0237.JPG
BUUDQDVcQcinPcT+b2Em0Q.jpg
sQCCEXX5QQaYuo%H2HJb2w.jpg
H11626PwSYqDUYxBGTuwkQ.jpg

I have 4 2'x2' windows, 1'x1' vent and 14"x7" vent. Plus the chicken door that is 9"x12" open during the day. It also a very dry windy area.

I'm planning on no more than 8-10 birds. The run is 10'x10'. I will probably start with just a few though and go from there.

Beautiful coop! You will have some very happy chickens I imagine. I can’t tell from the picture, is the run covered at all?

It's not covered yet, but I plan to set it up next weekend. The run is actually a "Retriever Dog Kennel" that I'm using as a chicken run. I got the roof that comes with it but I haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I also have to predator proof the bottom area so I won't have anything digging under the fence.

Back
Top Bottom