1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

9-10 Olive Egger hatching eggs - 1st & 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Wynette, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.

Bidding will start at: $10.00
    Additional bids will be in increasing $.25 increments

Shipping will be via U.S.P.S. Priority Mail at a cost of $12.00

Auction ends at 4 p.m. Eastern time TODAY (3/13).

Eggs will ship tomorrow with Delivery Confirmation included.

This is a PayPal only auction, and payment is to be made by 5 p.m. Eastern time today, or eggs will go to the next highest bidder.

Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).

Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!

My first generation girl is a purebred Black Ameraucana. She's a large gal, lays very big eggs, and they are bluish green. Her offspring lay eggs like the olive egg in the main picture. My 2nd generation gals are half black Ameraucana and half Black Copper Marans; most will have muffs and small beards, most will have some feathers on their shanks (but not heavily feathered), most have copper in their hackles, much like a female Black Copper Marans. All should be black, though I do have one gal that is half Blue Ameraucana and half Black Copper Marans. She has thrown an occasional blue, but not often.

The not-so-fun-stuff: Although I do all that I can to make sure the eggs travel safely, using brand new individual bubble wrap pouches that have never touched another egg, lots of packing peanuts and extra bubble wrap packaging, once they leave my farm, it's out of my control as to what happens to the box, and I make no guarantees on your hatch rate. Also, I reserve the right to refuse any buyer.

A few more pics - these gals lay many different shades of green, all will be olive colored, NO blues, NO light greens. Also, I cannot guarantee that you will hatch all pea-combed offspring. The ones with single combs more than likely will not produce green eggs, but will be dark brown. I have not had more than 20% hatch with single combs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

$10

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio

4. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Thank you!!! [​IMG]

5. Chic-n-farmer

6. Chic-n-farmer

Rats. I think this is over... That's what I get for worrying about having a home cooked dinner for my family... I should have been here!

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm sorry, Chic-n-Farmer - your bid came in a minute too late. [​IMG]

mstricer - you are the winner! Per auction, your PayPal payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern tonight - I will PM you my PayPal address.

8. Chic-n-farmer

Not as sorry as I am. [​IMG]
    Last year I thought Olive Eggers were silly.... now I feel like I have to have at least one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by