9/11 Tragic Anniversary - Moment of Silence

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Patchofheaven, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    Today is the 6th Anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy - let us all take a moment to remember where we were the moment we heard the news and say a prayer for the families and friends of all of the victims.

I was actually home sick with bronchitis, sleeping on the couch with the TV on - I was on medication that had made me very drowsy and could not fully understand what was going on in my drug induced state. My mom called me and told me what had just happened, for a moment I thought that I was watching a horrible movie or maybe it was just a dream.

Where were you on 9/11?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I was just getting ready to make a thread about this Patchofheaven. So in rememberance here is a heartfelt thank you to all those that helped in any capacity and a moment of silence as we remember those who died in New York, Washington D.C. and in a Pennsylvania field. May we make your memory proud. I was actually getting ready for my first job interview as a nurse. I called the hospital HR person and asked if we could re-schedule for later in the day or another day altogether. He said we would have to because the hospital was on alert and closed all doors except to emergencies and support staff. Very sureal to say the least. The school called and said that they were dismissing early. Now I had to figure out how to tell my children (who were 11, 8 & 6 at the time) why people in this world were so mean and had little regard for human life. Please check out my website that I made years ago. It has a tribute page to 9/11. It's graphics intensive and loaded with music so be patent if you are not on cable or high speed internet. The website is www.angelfire.com/country/americanpride2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    God Bless America.

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I was a work too. Every one was running crazing talking about what had happened. No one could do any work, we stayed glued to the radio and prayed. God bless the families of those people.

5. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    I was getting my hubby's breakfast/lunch packed for work. I came in the bedroom afterwards, he was in the shower. I told him about the SMALL plane that they said hit the tower. He came out and told me that it was no small plane. While I was in the bathroom he watched the second one hit. I stayed in front of the t.v all day phoning him reports.

Thank god for our first responders! Thank god for our troops!

May we keep this country strong and free!

Monica

6. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    I was in my truck driving to work when each of them hit. I can point to the overpass I was on when the second one hit. At work we where able to hook up a tv and all of our office (about 70 of us) watched the reports coming in. I think no work got done that day.

7. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I was looking down into a valley watching mule deer and a coyote play on the American Grasslands. It was so beautiful and serene. When the news came over the radio it was almost sureal because it was so violent compared to what I was seeing. It was 6 more hours before I got off from work and and watched it on TV.Pride, anger and sorrow played its way through me that day and for many after. I pray for the victims and troops every day.

8. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    On 9/11 I was living at home (I was 18) and I was getting ready to go to my job as a hostess at Cracker Barrel. I went into my parent's room to tell them bye and saw my dad was watching a movie. I walked in right as the first building went down. I said "Bye dad, enjoy your movie" and he said "This is in New York and it's really happening right now".

When I got to work all the tv's in the resturant were on and everybody, employees and customers were watching (some in tears). It was a terrible day.

I had only been with my DH for a couple of months, we had just started dating. About 3 days after 9/11 he went to a Marine recruters (spelling) office to reenlist in the Marines. He had already served 4 years. Fortunately for me he didn't join. He said I was the only thing that keep him from going to war.

9. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I first heard the news. My oldest daughter's birthday was 9/10 (she turned 13) and the next morning she decided she did not feel well and wanted to stay home from school. I did not think she was that sick but it was the day after her birthday so I gave in. I was sitting on the couch breast feeding my youngest baby who had been born in july and my middle child was playing in the playpen (he would turn 2 that october). Anyway, we are sitting on the couch watching TV and it showed the first plane hitting the towers. At first everyone thought it was an accident. I got the phone and called my husband on his cell phone. I was still talking to him when the second plane hit. I just started to cry and could not stop. I could not get off the phone with my DH, I needed to feel like he was there with us. Like we were all together. He came home early so that we could all be together. I will never forget that day, I will never forget the men and women who lost their lives that day or in the years to follow, whether in Iraq, Afganistan or here in the US. I know that there is no way we can all agree on what should have been done or what should be done but I think we can all agree that this was a terrible tragedy and one that I pray will never happen again. God Bless America.

Marie

10. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I was at home with my two younger children. My oldest was at school. His school then butted up against a company that made and tested military planes. I drove so fast to get him that I'm surprised I didn't get a ticket. That company was on red alert for terror attacks for 2 years after 911. I just knew something bad would happen until I had him in my arms. I couldn't breathe. I grabbed him outta his classroom and ran home with him and his siblings. I just wanted everyone safe and sound at our home. Once I got home and got the kids in the house I locked all the doors. Then I wondered if we were even safe in our own home. It was the most horrible feeling in the world. One I had never had before and hopefully one I'll never have again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by