9 Columbian/Birchen Bantam Cochin Eggs $15 includes shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by isadream, May 11, 2010.

1. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PM!!!

Hi,

I have a pen of Columbian and Birchen Cochin Bantams. My roo is a columbian rooster while my hens are 1 columbian hen and 3 birchen hens. Alll 4 are laying. My Birchen hens do carry a columbian gene so you can get columbians from any of my hens. You will also more then likely get the birchen also. My last 2 hatches have hatched out 75% columbian chicks and 25% birchens. You can tell when they hatch whick variety they are. I was told that if I did this cross it would improve the markings on my birchen. This is the reason I am crossing them.

We are getting 4 eggs a day from the girls so this offer will be good as long as they are laying or until I have more room for them.

Sale Terms--We ship out fresh fertile hatching eggs. We do not make any guarantees of any kind on eggs nor are we responsible for the eggs after they leave our property. We ship Priority mail with delivery conformation. We will ship OverNite or Express at Buyers Expense.

Thanks!!

Renee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Well, I think the markings on the birchen hen in the pic are lovely [​IMG] I'd sure like to have her, or one just like her. I've never heard of breeding columbians to birchens to improve the markings. If this works, I wish I had know it before I sold my pair of columbians. I have a very cute birchen hen, but she is showing WAY too much mottling. She is VERY typie and I'm going to go ahead and breed her and just cull for markings. I'm sure I'll get something that is clearer than her. Sure do like your girls' markings. [​IMG]

3. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I wish I had the extra money, I really, really, REALLY want Columbian Cochins. I think they are so beautiful. I also ordered Birchens with my order from Cackle last year but I never got them. I was quite upset over that too. Will you be offering these later? Like maybe in the Fall, or next Spring? You don't have plans to separate them out or sell them, do you?

4. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]

6. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Any chance of getting a better picture of the Columbian hen? The roo is gorgeous. [​IMG]

I have a bunch of Columbians I'm raising up for next year, so I really don't need any more right now [​IMG] - I might want to add some new blood next year if you're offering them then though. Maybe we could do a trade! [​IMG]

7. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I will look and see if I have a better pic of her otherwise it will be when it quits raining--it has rained off and on the entire day here again.

Thank you all for your kind comments--I have not been feeling well and it really cheered me up to log on and see all your kind comments.

Thanks again,

Renee

8. Keenonf

Keenonf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2010
    Dallas area
    Did you get my PM?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by