This is the report on the eggs in the HovaBator plus one Welsummer in the Fridge-a-Bator. I just candled all 16 Welsummer eggs that Christie (mothergoose) sent me. I'm happy to report only one clear and 15 with movement! Excellent for shipped eggs, huh? Of the 12 RIR, 8 Buff Orps and 1 Splash Orp from Julie (BamaChicken), I removed 1 RIR with an obvious blood ring. So, 11 RIRs are still in the running at this time. Of the Buff Orpingtons from Julie, I removed 1 with an obvious blood ring, one is porous, seems to have seeped some albumen which dried crusty on the small end and I cant see into the egg, but I suspect it will be pulled; another one isn't quite right and seems that it may be in the beginnings of forming a blood ring, but I'm going to leave those two in a few days longer. So, five (5) of the Buff Orps Julie sent me had movement in them and good veining. The one from her Splash roo's pen is growing and moving, too! All six Ameraucanas from California were growing fine when I candled at the end of Day 5. To summarize, out of 42 in the Hova, on Day 9, I have 39 left, with possibly 2 more that may be removed in a few days when I recandle. All others are going great so far. I had already candled all the eggs in the Fridge-a-Bator that are due on the same day, my Blue Orps, Barred Rocks, and the extra Welsummer, which I guess I can now put in an empty spot in the Hova with it's siblings if I want. All those were growing well at the end of Day 5. Also, added to the Fridge-a-Bator crew on Thursday, were 16 Buff Orpingtons from Jody (hinkjc) and one of Velvet's eggs that I was afraid to put in a pkg to mail because it seemed to have a small crack on the aircell end. I'm keeping an eye on that one to be sure it isn't going to seep. I'll candle those about April 17 and report then. Those, I hope weren't hurt by their extra day in the mail and their trip around the world, but we shall soon see. Thanks for allowing me to bore you again with the details of my chickie-bator dramas, LOL.