9 Duck Eggs day 29 and nothing so far

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chikalady, Aug 6, 2010.

1. chikalady

chikalady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    I have never hatched duck eggs before. I have hatched chickens with no problem. I have a still egg incubator that has been running with no probems with temps. and humidity. The temp. right now is 100 and the humidity is 67. About a week before I put them in lock down I noticed that the egg shells started changing it was like them were almost transparent, they were kind of splotchy. I have not seen any movement or pipping. I did try to candle them and they all looked good to me. How long should I wait?

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    My last ones hatched 5 days early I was still turning them when I saw a pip. However the hatch before came 5 days late. Probably just a case of being patient for a little while longer. [​IMG] What breed are they?

3. chikalady

chikalady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    They are Pekin.

4. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I was wondering if they were Muscovy as they take longer but Pekin are the usual time. Maybe up your humidity a bit to around 75% if possible I also mist mine with warm water which seems to help. If they go any longer than 33 days I'd pip one to see if anythings happening. [​IMG]

5. Delta3013

Delta3013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    Just give them more time, there are always late ones. Also increase your humidity to about 75%.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by