1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

9 eggs in one sitting

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by islandgirlfun2, Oct 7, 2011.

1. islandgirlfun2

islandgirlfun2 New Egg

Oct 7, 2011
    I'm no chicken expert, we have 3 backyard chickens, 2 cornish(hen and rooster) and one hen that is black with white speckles, this week she was trying to dig around to find a spot to lay eggs and yesterday she ended up just having them in the coop, she had 9 eggs in one sitting and this is her first eggs she has layed. Is it normal to have that many? They are brown eggs.

2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    sounds like she has been laying eggs for a while, and you just found them...9 sounds impossible to me, I have heard of two in one day, but never 9.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] That is a physical impossibility. Look for another logical explanation.

4. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:I concur with the two previous posters. Either the hen has been laying longer than you think or someone is playing a joke on you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by