9+ extras Welsummer Hatching Eggs. Very Dark eggs

4boysmom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
Looks like a little break in temperatures the next week or so. Can ship out a package of Welsummer eggs. I ship straight from the airport hub here in Charlotte & they are in an air conditioned building until loaded out.

All shipping included in BIN price.

PM me instead of using the BIN and I will fill orders in the order received. Will let you know where you are in line and how soon they should go out.

THANKS!

There are some pictures of the parents on my byc page.

I had some good results from test hatches ( one lady got 100% ) I've hatched out 8 over the last couple months myself. My last batch of 7, there was 1 that did not develop, 1 that stopped a week early, 1 pipped and died ( I think it pipped through a blood vessel as there was a little blood ) and 4 that are growing great. My earlier hatches were pretty good as well, considering in one set, I took some out of the fridge to keep a broody going so I could fill orders and then collect some for her to hatch ( the 7 above )

I wrap individually, then secure all together so there is no movement.

Last edited:
Nate, I've been trying to get that information from the seller ( I got them from a byc member last year ), but haven't had a response. I can pm you and tell you who that is.
The roo & girls I have are very nice typey birds. The eggs from 3 of my 4 girls are as dark as some BCM eggs I received from an egg swap. I'm trying to get a marans color chart to see where they rank on that. The other girl lays a nice egg, but it's just a medium tan. I don't send these when I ship.

I'm planning to get a batch from tailfeathers friend Erhard soon, but that will be next year before I can get them going for offering hatching eggs.

Quote:
i,m in hopkins s.c. it not a far drive for me. i,m buildin a bator . will you have some eggs later in aug.? thanks robin

Last edited:
yes, I should have eggs available when you need them, just let me know

Quote:
Got back to the source of the chickens of the person I got them from..... "mostly Barber lines, with some others mixed in over the years"

Quote:
Got back to the source of the chickens of the person I got them from..... "mostly Barber lines, with some others mixed in over the years"

That makes sense! Usually the barber birds have larger combs(at least that is what I have noticed)

Nate

Back
Top Bottom