9 out of 9 are developing!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by racuda, May 6, 2011.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    I just candled them on day 7 and all 9 SHIPPED eggs are developing! With 3 weeks to go things may change, but I am pleased. The eggs were shipped from Florida to North Carolina and I am incubating them under a couple of Buff Orpingtons.

Has anyone ever had a 100% hatch from shipped eggs?

2. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I haven't tried hatching peafowl eggs yet, I just got my first pair yesterday, BUt congrats!!! Hopefully they all hatch, you should have a good hatch rate because hens are better then incuabtors. [​IMG]

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    That is way good news, I hope all goes well and all of them hatch with no complications. I have yet to know what a developing egg looks like when candled lol.

4. DAS

DAS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    NW Wisconsin
    Quote:Who did you get them from in Florida? I have five in the incubator from Florida (off Ebay) and all of them are developing nicely. I'm in Wisconsin, so they traveled a long way! They are due in a couple of weeks [​IMG]

5. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    I purchased 18 eggs off Ebay and all developed but sadly none hatched. Was very disappointed but later learned that the eggs do best on the sides not standing in the incubator, but under a bird is better.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Who did you get them from in Florida? I have five in the incubator from Florida (off Ebay) and all of them are developing nicely. I'm in Wisconsin, so they traveled a long way! They are due in a couple of weeks [​IMG]

I got them on eBay from salinas_grl in Lady Lake, Florida.

Here is what her description said:

1 from my cameos
    3 from my flock of whites
    1 from my pairing of a silver pied male with midnight blackshoulder hens
    2 from my india blues (the male in this pen has a charcoal as a daddy - he is a gorgeous bird. The picture doesn't really do him justice)
    1 from my purple blackshoulder running with 2 pure white hens
    1 from my pen of purple blackshoulder silver pieds

8. DAS

DAS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    NW Wisconsin

I got them on eBay from salinas_grl in Lady Lake, Florida. Here is what her dexcription said:

1 from my cameos

3 from my flock of whites

1 from my pairing of a silver pied male with midnight blackshoulder hens

2 from my india blues (the male in this pen has a charcoal as a daddy - he is a gorgeous bird. The picture doesn't really do him justice)

1 from my purple blackshoulder running with 2 pure white hens

1 from my pen of purple blackshoulder silver pieds

This is the same person I received my eggs from. I purchased eggs from her 2 years ago and I hatched two white peacocks which are breeding this year. My eggs are purple blackshoulder silver pied. Hope yours hatch (and mine) [​IMG]

9. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Good fertillity but don't count your chicks before they hatch! [​IMG]

10. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    But it is sooo hard not to count them before they hatch...Or before you even candle them![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by