9 out of 9 are developing!

racuda

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
North Carolina
I just candled them on day 7 and all 9 SHIPPED eggs are developing! With 3 weeks to go things may change, but I am pleased. The eggs were shipped from Florida to North Carolina and I am incubating them under a couple of Buff Orpingtons.

Has anyone ever had a 100% hatch from shipped eggs?

I haven't tried hatching peafowl eggs yet, I just got my first pair yesterday, BUt congrats!!! Hopefully they all hatch, you should have a good hatch rate because hens are better then incuabtors.
woot.gif

That is way good news, I hope all goes well and all of them hatch with no complications. I have yet to know what a developing egg looks like when candled lol.

Quote:
Who did you get them from in Florida? I have five in the incubator from Florida (off Ebay) and all of them are developing nicely. I'm in Wisconsin, so they traveled a long way! They are due in a couple of weeks
big_smile.png

I purchased 18 eggs off Ebay and all developed but sadly none hatched. Was very disappointed but later learned that the eggs do best on the sides not standing in the incubator, but under a bird is better.

Last edited:
Quote:
Who did you get them from in Florida? I have five in the incubator from Florida (off Ebay) and all of them are developing nicely. I'm in Wisconsin, so they traveled a long way! They are due in a couple of weeks
big_smile.png

I got them on eBay from salinas_grl in Lady Lake, Florida.

Here is what her description said:

1 from my cameos
3 from my flock of whites
1 from my pairing of a silver pied male with midnight blackshoulder hens
2 from my india blues (the male in this pen has a charcoal as a daddy - he is a gorgeous bird. The picture doesn't really do him justice)
1 from my purple blackshoulder running with 2 pure white hens
1 from my pen of purple blackshoulder silver pieds

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png

I got them on eBay from salinas_grl in Lady Lake, Florida. Here is what her dexcription said:

1 from my cameos

3 from my flock of whites

1 from my pairing of a silver pied male with midnight blackshoulder hens

2 from my india blues (the male in this pen has a charcoal as a daddy - he is a gorgeous bird. The picture doesn't really do him justice)

1 from my purple blackshoulder running with 2 pure white hens

1 from my pen of purple blackshoulder silver pieds

This is the same person I received my eggs from. I purchased eggs from her 2 years ago and I hatched two white peacocks which are breeding this year. My eggs are purple blackshoulder silver pied. Hope yours hatch (and mine)
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom