9 week Easter Egger

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by storminthenight, Dec 11, 2009.

1. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I posted this chicky before, it was a little to early to tell but I had my suspicions that it was a roo.
    I took more pics of him/her yesterday so I thought I would get some new opinions . . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one came with 6 other EE's I got as day old chicks, they were sold as pullets.
    I wouldnt really mind if this one was a roo though, either way is fine with me.

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Looks a bit rooish, but still a bit young to tell for me. Do you have pictures of the others at the same age to compare him/her?

The white color is usually seen in the males, though.

3. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    im voting with a hen

4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I think EE are the hardest to tell. I have one that always had a red comb with a hen like body. Now 18 weeks old looks totaly like a hen with no roo feathers comming in. My guess would be a hen since she/he isn't standing upright like a roo would be.

5. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I dont see anything yet to indicate roo.

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    How old? I am leaning toward roo.

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Hen until proven otherwise. I think it is a hen.

8. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    I just have to say that I love the chick in the fourth pic that is eyeing the camera; she must think she needs some camera time as well, lol!

9. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I'm not 100% sure, but based on its coloring/patterning it looks like a cockerel to me.

10. DreamingOfAFarm

DreamingOfAFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    Kalamazoo
    My EE roo didn't crow until he was 20+ weeks old. I'm guessing a roo by the way it's holding it's tail. That's exactly what mine looked like with the arched tail feathers. And then all the sudden these beautiful purple and green arching tail feathers came in. His comb didn't grow too much prior to his crowing. I was suspect of him once all the pretty colors started coming but the crow confirmed it. Well, and he likes to baby dance with the girls. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by